Tuesday, September 1, 2009

It will not be pretty if I lose my lattes


This is my Starbucks Gold Card. It is obviously well loved. At first I thought I couldn't possibly justify spending $25 on a card just to save 10% on purchases. The average savings for me is $0.42. Do the math- it paid for itself within a couple months. I have no idea how it got this way- it started with the plastic film peeling on the back corner, most likely from being in my back pocket. It actually came completely off and I have super glued it back on. It still works- amazingly. But I fear that may not last long because it's coming off- again. I may try clear packing tape next. It does spark interesting reactions and facial expressions on the part of the folks who work at Starbucks when I hand it to them. The worst part is- it's not registered, because the numbers had worn off before I could get around to registering it. Lesson learned. As I type, I am on hold with Starbucks to see if they will exchange it. I will be totally impressed if they do.

********************************************************************************

Thanks to Greg at Starbucks I will soon hold a shiny new card in my hand that isn't crumbling apart!
He took some info from me that was on my latest receipt and they can apparently extract my card number in their system from that. They are sending me a replacement card, along with a couple of drink coupons to make up for the fact that I will be without a discount card until that card gets here. I am impressed.

No comments:

Post a Comment