Monday, September 14, 2009

I Guess I Know What He's Getting for Christmas

When we were first married, we lived in Manchester, CT. Not the nice, bucolic, nearly Glastonbury town line side. We lived across the street from a chop shop. We were only there for a year before we moved to PA. But while we were there, we never had any crime problems.


Now that we are in FL, in a fairly affluent area of a small city, we've had two problems within six months. I want to grab the punky little rich kid who broke into our vehicle and ask him who the hell is he to be going into my car?! Hubby's sunglasses, iPod, old useless AmEx card, and a few cd's also gone. And yes- I say punky little rich kid because these thieves are selective.


There was another break a few doors down from us. The woman happens to work at my son's school. So when I brought him into school late, I explained it was because we were talking to the Sheriff and that's when she said she was also a victim. Her husband's car was broken into- but they took only his sunglasses, despite the fact that his camera was sitting right there on the seat. So if this was in fact kids from a low income area of town, they would take the camera. Anything is usable and pawn-able after all. But they didn't. This is "mommy and daddy don't give me enough allowance to party the way I want so I'm going to be selective in what I take" kind of thievery.

Still skeptical and need more evidence: they took the REM cd but left the Simon and Garfunkel. Brats.

1 comment: