Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Rushing by...

"Put God first in your life and you will have more time."

I never have enough time. And I hate rushing. So it's something for me to think about.

Things are chaotic as usual.  The job offer will be coming-  we flip flop on what to do about that and I'm still praying. Experimental Child just returned from Homecoming Weekend in CT. I need to press him to start choosing colleges soon and start the applications. 15yo is down for the count with yet another knee injury - on day one of softball conditioning. We have an appointment with an orthopedic this afternoon, and will hopefully get some more options or answers soon. It seems cosmically unfair that this athletic kid who loves playing sports can't because as soon as she tries her bad knee fails on her. 7yo is doing well with homeschooling- that's a new adventure for us. I've discovered something very interesting about our 10yo. When she is ranting and yelling and very argumentative there is an instant off switch. I found it...finally! I have to wrap my two arms around her to reach it, but it's there. Life with the littles is moving at their speed. I'm not sure if they're running to keep up, or if they are lapping us. My baby girl had a birthday last weekend. I can not believe she is two already. Sigh- where does the time go?



 I was turned towards a new blog and have enjoyed reading the thoughts of a mom to ten kids.
She's also the author of  "Family Feasts for $75 a Week". Finally- someone who knows that while I would love to experiment and create all sorts of delectable dishes for my family, the reality of my budget forces us to more boring and cheap stables more often than it doesn't! You can enter the contest here to win 3 copies of the book- one for you and two to give.  But just remember me if you win. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment